Dear Clients and Friends of Impact Makers:
The beginning of the New Year brings to mind all that has been accomplished by Impact Makers and all that has yet to be done. I am contacting you to share information about the community contributions and goals of Impact Makers, a unique firm of which I am privileged to serve as Chair of the Board of Directors.
Impact Makers is a management and IT consulting firm based in Richmond,Virginia that contributes its profits to selected community charity partners, Rx Partnership and Family Lifeline. Over the past year, Impact Makers’ direct financial contributions as well its pro bono consulting support have contributed significantly to the ability of these organizations to empower and support tens of thousands of citizens in our community. I am proud to attach letters from our community charity partners attesting to the value of the support that they receive from Impact Makers.
I also am enclosing our 2012 Impact Report. Those highlights illustrate the successes of Impact Makers, its clients, and its charity partners this past year.
On behalf of the Board of Impact Makers and the team that makes the work of the company possible, I thank you for your continuing support of Impact Makers.
Wishing you and yours happiness and success in 2013!
Chair, Board of Directors
Impact Makers Highlights 2012
Another Year of Significant Growth:
- Hired 17 full time consultants in 2012.
- Inc. Magazine recognized Impact Makers as one of the fastest growing companies in the nation by naming us to the Inc. 500 list. Makers’ ranked No. 360 based on three-year sales growth of 1,030%. See the news post.
Support for our Charitable Community Partners:
- Contributed or committed $76,000 in direct financial support to our community charity partners, Family Lifeline and Rx Partnership.
- Provided over 200 hours of pro bono management and technology consulting support to our partners.
- Impact Makers was the anchor sponsor for Chocoholic, a fundraising event to benefit the Children’s Health Involving Parents program of Family Lifeline.
- See year-end letters from Family Lifeline and Rx Partnership for more information about the impact of our support.
- Impact Makers’ contributions helped Family Lifeline ensure more than 90% of children in the CHIP program received medical, dental and developmental screenings. Our pro bono consulting focused on leadership coaching, including performing a leadership and organizational inventory and implementing a change leadership process. See details in Family Lifeline‘s 2012 letter.
- We provided financial contributions and in-kind technical support to Rx Partnership, that translated into more than 9,954 donated prescriptions for 1,851 low-income, uninsured individuals throughout the state. See details in Rx Partnetship‘s 2012 letter.
Client Success and Recognition:
- Our client the Virginia Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD) received the 2012 RichTech Technology Innovation Developer Award for the development of the agency’s new Centralized Application Management System (CAMS). DHCD developed CAMS in partnership with Impact Makers, which led the agency’s business process mapping, reengineering, and data integration efforts and then managed the creation of system requirements and the actual development efforts.
- DHCD issued the following press release regarding the RichTech award and its partnership with Impact Makers:
“This award brings recognition and validation of the high quality of work being done at DHCD,” said Bill Shelton, director of DHCD. “CAMS is allowing DHCD to better share information and experiences, making way for better communication, collaboration and delivery of state resources.”
The project was a collaborative effort by DHCD staff and Impact Makers, a consultant group. By leveraging Impact Makers’ project delivery expertise and DHCD’s software development capability, the team successfully met aggressive deadlines and avoided the challenges of inheriting a solution built completely by outside resources. Impact Makers managed project delivery and oversaw internal resources, as well as introduced Kanban and Scrum methodologies to the agency team, making DHCD the first state agency to apply this approach.
- Family Lifeline presented its 2012 Champion for Children Award to Impact Makers. The Champion for Children Award is given for outstanding community service, public service, and/or significant employment service to benefit the needs of the community.
Championing B Corporations and the Social Entrepreneurship Movement:
- At the annual 2012 B Corp Champions Retreat, B Lab celebrated the fifth anniversary of Certified B Corporations and recognized Impact Makers as a founding member.
- B Corporations are companies that the nonprofit B Lab certifies as meeting rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency.
- Impact Makers staff made more than 20 presentations this past year to business groups and MBA, college, and high school classes about the company’s social impact model, B Corporations, and social entrepreneurship.
National and Statewide Publications and Other Media Featured Our Social Impact Business Model:
- The Richmond Times-Dispatch ran “Impact Makers pumps profits into local charities.” The article describes how Impact Makers recently established $562,500 in equity-like debt investment to finance continued growth, using contributions from board members and external investors including fellow B Corporation Virginia Community Capital. See the article.
- Greater Richmond Grid magazine featured a letter about becoming a B Corp and an article by Jim Ukrop about local B Corps and Impact Makers. See the articles.
- Richmond Biz Sense ran ”Quadruple-digit Growth” on the four Richmond companies, including Impact Makers, that made the 2012 Inc. 500 list of fastest growing private companies in America.
B Impact Assessment
For more info on our community impact see our third party B Corporation assessment rating and scores at http://www.bcorporation.net/impactmakers.
Previous Year Highlights
See our 2011 Highlights and Impact Report.