Identifying New Technology to Support Mental Wellness
The Department of Behavioral Health & Developmental Services (DBHDS) supports individuals by promoting recovery, self-determination, and wellness in all aspects of life. A top priority for the client is ensuring that it is appropriately protecting the civil rights of the patients it serves.
To help accomplish this priority, our client sought a replacement for existing crisis incident system, which would:
- Surpass performance of legacy system
- Solve potential data quality and consistency issues
- Meet company’s disparate needs across multiple divisions, including headquarters and local Community Services Boards across the Commonwealth
- Develop requirements for a new crisis management system and manage stakeholder expectations for replacement system using industry best practices based on the ProSci ADKAR framework
- Identify and mediate potential trade-offs to ensure equitable compromises that addressed the concerns of all stakeholder groups.
- Develop a comprehensive list of functional and non-functional requirements for the replacement system and develop a recommendation for a go-forward plan for replacement software acquisition
- Produce the RFP Document and provide Evaluation Criteria for the DBHDS Procurement and Evaluation Team
Skills and Technologies Leveraged
Process Development, Project Management, Visio
- Impact Makers provided validated functional requirements and recommendation for the replacement crisis management system.
- Managed competing needs of multiple stakeholder groups, using best practice change management and stakeholder management techniques to ensure that important requirements of each group were prioritized while building consensus among stakeholder groups for the best enterprise solution.
- Identified possible sources for the replacement crisis management system by conducting a mini-RFI to identify vendors.
- Positioned DBHDS leadership to make strategic decisions regarding the crisis management system replacement.
- As a result of this work, Impact Makers’ work was so highly regarded that DBHDS told Impact Makers that they are at the top of the list of partners for future IT support projects.