When a large, influential financial services company was implementing Platform as a Service (PaaS), they realized that their operating model needed a significant amount of automation to improve operations in both the existing and new environments.
Support for the existing platform was mostly manual; the new strategy needed to move the organization from simply fulfillment to effectively maintaining and managing PaaS solutions.
Impact Makers' Solution
- Established a functional workgroup that included leaders from all areas within the IT service delivery organization to provide information, identify resources for interviews, etc.
- Established a clear, succinct mission and developed a strategy to address actions for the customer, staff and management, automation tools and impacts to the current ITIL framework, processes and governance
Impact & Results
- A common message around automation and a unified action plan
- A clear and concise roadmap to make automation the first action and not an after-thought
- Single, unified understanding of the project requirements to establish a firm foundation for the strategy development and future reviews
- Introduction of a new function while leveraging existing governance – without introducing new bureaucracy
- An actionable strategy that incorporated the results of previous attempts at a strategy, but with new action items and a unified mission