Time Is Running Out. Is Your Healthcare Organization Poised to Meet the Deadline?
Don’t Neglect Provider Data as Part of Your FHIR Solution
FHIR interoperability enforcement becomes effective July 1, 2021. For most of our clients, implementing the technology is the easier part of moving to an FHIR-enabled directory. What’s most difficult for most is ensuring the quality of your data moving into the FHIR environment. This is where Impact Makers can help.
Optimizing FHIR-Driven Provider Directory in the Cloud
- INCREASES ACCESSIBILITY TO PROVIDER DATA
Supports both member and partner use cases
- ENABLES WORLD-CLASS MEMBER EXPERIENCE
FHIR-enabled mobile apps
- ENSURES CMS COMPLIANCE
FHIR-enabled directory Deadline – July 1, 2021
- DIGITIZES PAYER BUSINESS DATA
Scalable, cloud-hosted solution insulates core platforms from external workloads
& Data Quality
- Providing clients with Clean Provider Data and Data Governance
- Boost member satisfaction
- Preparing your data for immediate/ future cloud migration
- Providing structure for future success
- Flexible and adaptable environment for data
- Get more out of your investment than simply meeting requirements
- Leverage the mature security capabilities of a cloud provider to protect and lower risk in FHIR environments
Impact Makers Approach
EFFICIENT. AFFORDABLE. FAST.
The Impact Makers approach to FHIR focuses on improving data quality through our proven eight-step process.
A key element in the Impact Makers approach to data quality for FHIR is the application of data quality measures to source data.
Our approach uses these steps:
- Discovery: Identify potential data quality issues.
- Profile Data: Review sample data and existing data creation and usage processes to provide context for business rules discussions with Data Owners and Business Data Stewards
- Develop Business Rules: Work with Data Owners and Business Data Stewards to review and documented business rules and capture and refine undocumented rules.
- Define Metrics: Define objective metrics and acceptable thresholds of compliance against which to measure agreed upon levels of quality.
- Evaluate Data with Metrics: Execute business rules against production data and evaluate results. Utilize acceptable thresholds set by the Data Quality team to evaluate the data.
- Findings Review: Review the Findings with the Data Owners and Business Data Stewards.
- Remediate Anomalies: Implement and execute a remediation process to resolve data quality issues.
- Monitor Health: Define and implement a continuous monitoring/remediation plan to prevent and/or fix data quality problems in the future.
CIO, Healthcare Payer
What we found with Impact Makers is they have a lot of talent and a good mix of healthcare and data management expertise. They are a hidden gem.
Cloud-Based FHIR Environment
Benefits of Cloud-hosting
- Embedded Data Security
- Reduced Time to Market
- Resilient Pipelines to Keep Data Current
- HIPAA Compliant
- Reduced Operational (Data Warehousing) Expenses
- Simple, Serverless Implementation
Interoperability: Our Thinking
By: Kevin Cox, AWS SSA, CCSK, Lead Consultant, Impact Makers This is the second post in a series about sharing......
By: Kevin Cox, AWS SSA, CCSK, Lead Consultant, Impact Makers Why would providers, payers, and consumers share Healthcare data? Healthcare as an industry......