From the Chair of the Impact Makers Board of Directors, David I. Greenberg
The start of a new year is an opportunity to look back on the accomplishments in 2013 and reflect on goals and contributions. I am privileged to serve as the Chair of the Board of Directors of Impact Makers, a unique management and technology consulting firm based in Richmond, Virginia.
Impact Makers contributes all profits to charitable community partners. Throughout 2013, these partners were Rx Partnership and Family Lifeline. In December, the Board and I were honored to select two additional partners: FLiPM (Future Leaders in Project Management) and the Peter Paul Development Center.
That Impact Makers now has four community partners is indicative of the company’s success in 2013! Impact Makers’ direct financial contributions, as well its pro bono consulting support, contribute significantly to the ability of these organizations to empower and support tens of thousands of citizens in our community every day. Enclosed are letters from each charitable community partners on the value of the support they receive from Impact Makers.
Also enclosed is our 2013 Impact Report that highlights the successes of Impact Makers, its clients, and its community partners this past year.
On behalf of the Board of Impact Makers and the team that makes the work of the company possible, I thank you for your continuing support of Impact Makers.
Wishing you and yours happiness and success in 2014!
David I. Greenberg
Chair, Board of Directors
Impact Makers 2013 Highlights
& Impact Report
Best Year Ever
- 2013 revenue exceeded $10 million, a 171% increase over 2012
- Company grew to more than 60 people
- Added Digital Services and GRC (Governance, Risk and Compliance) practices
- Launched a new brand, logo, website and recommitment to the community
- Coming Soon – New Office! Impact Makers’ headquarters will be moving to a new home at 1707 Summit Avenue around April 2014. It’s a 6,500 square-foot fully-renovated second floor of a former warehouse property in the northeast corner of Scott’s Addition.
- Total of $247,000 in Community Partner Contributions, direct financial support for Family Lifeline, Rx Partnership, FLiPM (Future Leaders in Project Management), the Peter Paul Development Center, and other charitable organizations, an increase of 325% over 2012
- Added 2 new Community Partners: FLiPM and the Peter Paul Development Center
- Provided $34,000 in pro bono management and technology consulting support to our partners
- See year-end letters from our community partners for more information about the impact of our support
- Family Lifeline supports children, families, the disabled and seniors. In 2013, Impact Makers support provided 20 at-risk families with a year of intensive home visitations and counseling, 2000 hours of home-care support to home-bound elders, 96 months of intensive home visitation, 56 hours of home care support for elder shut-ins, and training for 2 ElderFriend volunteers. Read the letter.
- Rx Partnership provides free prescription medication to Virginia’s eligible uninsured. In 2013, Impact makers support translated into more than 10,722 donated prescriptions for 1,926 low-income, uninsured individuals. Read the letter.
- FLiPM provides project management training to youth. Our 2013 contributions allowed FLiPM to expand the program to a new school, Tuscarora High School in Leesburg, Virginia. Impact Makers also sponsored a $1,500 FLiPM scholarship for a student at Henrico Technical Center. Read the letter.
- Peter Paul Development Center is a community center in the East End of Richmond that supports youth, families and seniors. In 2013, they worked with more than 130 students. They also provide programs for seniors and a food bank that serves 400-700 people a month. Read the letter.
Client Success & Recognition
- NPR’s “All Things Considered” featured our project for the Virginia Commonwealth University Health System and the Virginia Coordinated Care Program
- The Virginia Department of Housing and Community Development was awarded a Governor’s Technology Award at the Commonwealth of Virginia IT Symposium (COVITS) in September for their CAMS project, which Impact Makers has been supporting for more than three years
- The Governor’s Technology Awards also recognized the Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles for the Kanban project that we supported that helped to improve the agency’s Elevated Review Workflow
Championing B Corporations & Social Enterprise
- B Corporations are required to pass an independent assessment in order to be certified. We are a community of more than 900 organizations using business as a force for good
- We teamed with other Richmond-based organizations to host a Social Enterprise Networking event featuring B Lab co-founder, Bart Houlahan
- Several Impact Makers staff and Board members participated in Virginia Governor’s Social Entrepreneurship event
Press & Recognition
- Ranked 514th on the 2013 Inc. 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies in America. In 2012, we were ranked 360th
- Featured as a success story on the “Create Jobs for USA” website, supported by the Opportunities Financing Network (OFN) and Starbucks
- Recognized by B Lab as ‘Best for the World,’ ‘Best for Workers’ and ‘Best for Community’
- Ranked 10th on Richmond Biz Sense’s RVA 25 List of Fastest Growing Companies
- Named by Richmond Venture Forum as 1 of 4 Growth Companies on the 2013 RVA Companies to Watch list
- Richmond affiliate NBC 12 interviewed Michael Pirron, Impact Makers’ Founder and CEO, for “Inside RVA Companies to Watch”
B Impact Assessment
For more info on our community impact see our third party B Corporation assessment rating and scores.