Impact Makers Elects Board Members to Top Posts
Richmond, Va. (January 28, 2007) – The Board of Directors for Impact Makers today elected two members to top posts on the Board at its first meeting for the start-up consulting firm.
The Board of Directors for Impact Makers today elected two members to top posts on the Board at its first meeting for the start-up consulting firm.
- Ross Decker of Creative Touch Interiors (CTI) was elected Chairman of the Board.
- Michael S. Cousins, Ph.D., of Impact Makers was elected Secretary
Decker is currently the Director of Product Management at CTI (a Home Depot company) as well as Acting Region Sales Lead. CTI sells and installs a variety of products for the new home construction industry. His work involves leading the Eastern region sales force (with five districts), product development, merchandising, pricing, and contract strategy. Prior to CTI, he worked for First Health Services Corporation (a Coventry Healthcare Company) in Medicaid program management and for General Electric in software knowledge management. Decker’s unique experiences with product
development, software, contracting, data analysis, sales, and marketing have helped him to develop new major cost-saving measures and build significant revenue-producing programs for these two companies. Decker earned a bachelor’s in English from the University of Michigan and an MBA from Yale University.
Cousins is currently the Vice President of the Informatics Division at Impact Makers. Cousins has more than ten years of experience in scientific research design and methodology. Until recently, Dr. Cousins was part of Health Dialog Data Services’ (HDDS) executive management team as the Vice President of Research and Development. Before joining HDDS, Cousins founded and developed the health informatics department at Health Management Corporation, which is now part of WellPoint — one of the largest health insurers in the nation. He also built one of the industry’s first risk stratification predictive models and made significant contributions in the area of outcomes evaluation and measurement methodologies. Cousins earned a bachelor’s degree in psychology and a Doctor of Philosophy degree in neuroscience from the University of Connecticut. Cousins also earned the distinction of Post-Doctoral Fellow in Neuropsychopharmacology from the University of Chicago.
Other Board members include:
- Mani Achanta, Senior Enterprise Architect for a Fortune 500 health insurance company
- Brian Bernhardt, Partner, McGuire Woods
- Maggie Brodt, Senior Quality Director, Preferred Medical Plan
- Vicki Fishman, Founding Partner, Sattler & Fishman
- Shannon E. Griffin, Web Developer/Richmond Community Educator, Independent
- Steve Meyers, President, Meyers Associates, Inc.
- Joanne Moore, Director Project Development, Chemonics International, Inc.
- Michael I. Pirron, Chief Executive Officer, Impact Makers
- Jay Sheth, M.D., Medical Director, First Health Services/Coventry Healthcare
- Arnon Vered, Product Development Manager, Capital One
Founded in October 2006, Impact Makers, Inc. is a non-stock, not-for-profit venture with headquarters in Richmond, Va. The company gives all its profits to a non-profit charitable partner and focuses on providing Information Technology, Management, and Web Site consulting services to local, national, and international businesses.
Impact Makers is located at 2318 Stuart Ave., Richmond, VA 23060; (804) 677-3442; fax (703) 832-5551; and www.impactmakers.org.