It’s common that a company’s core systems are monolithic and not available via the public web. To achieve work-from-home capability with a variety of systems whether Windows, Linux, vendor COTS, etc., consider the following architecture patterns for desktop as a service (DaaS):
- Encrypt and safely guarding traffic to the remote desktop and any sensitive data
- Include default tools for managing remote employees
- Access to the cloud desktop from remote worker/ telecommuter computers, web browsers, tablets, bring your own device
- Enable automated backups
- Control the identities allowed to access the remote desktop
- Stop any data exfiltration from the remote desktop to the client machine
- Remove admin permissions from the remote desktop user
How Impact Makers Helps – AWS Workspaces Implementation
Using AWS Workspaces, we tailor a solution that delivers a secure, consistent remote work experience – everything from standard to performance computers, and the ability to quickly respond to ever-changing business needs. All computers are cloud-enabled so you don’t have an upfront purchase of enterprise hardware, and you have complete visibility to pay-as-you-go pricing.
Benefits of this solution include:
- Secure data protection for your business
- Protected and controlled internet access for remote workers
- Pay for only what you use, no long-term or upfront investment
- Easily scale up or down
- Automatic shutdown of desktops for security
- Easy provisioning of desktops to get your team operational
- Reliable platform
- Includes common software and add-ons like online meeting and video conferencing
Our cloud team can help get remote desktops up and running quickly, learn more about us here.
Interested in learning more?
As a B Corp, the belief that we have a responsibility to our communities is at the core of everything we do and serves as our North Star. Our technical depth and strong business acumen uniquely position us to provide support in this pandemic. We are here to help reduce the friction of adopting new tools and technologies, to ensure your people are positioned for productivity, and to guide your organization in weathering this event with minimal disruption.