OUR CLIENT IS CLOUD-READY THANKS TO COLLABORATION ON A CLOUD FOUNDATION, MIGRATION PLAN AND SUSTAINABILITY FRAMEWORK.
Kinsale Insurance Company is an excess and surplus lines insurance company specializing in hard-to-place property, casualty, and specialty risks. They have experienced significant growth since inception and their proprietary technology drives efficiency and expense advantages in the market.
SERVICES AND TECHNOLOGIES
- Cloud migration strategy
- AWS Cloud architecture
In anticipation of continued aggressive growth, Kinsale recognized the opportunity to leverage AWS to accelerate their digital strategy and to enhance key business capabilities. Looking for a strategic consulting partner, Kinsale engaged Impact Makers to assist them with their AWS cloud journey in an effort to enable long-term ownership and benefit realization.
IMPACT MAKERS’ SOLUTION
Understanding the client’s objectives, Impact Makers partnered with Kinsale to develop their cloud foundation, considering current systems and capabilities along with the expected benefits of moving to AWS. As a result, we were able to build a migration plan that anchored on their priorities and included delivery of the following:
- Capability and systems inventories
- Migration Proof of Concepts (e.g., database migration with end-to-end encryption)
- Multi-account structure design (AWS Organizations)
- Migration approach, sequencing, plan, and risk mitigation strategies
- CI/CD pipeline design
- Architecture patterns for day one and target-state, leveraging best fit and client current strengths including:
- Application decomposition to serverless framework (API Gateway and Lambda)
- Hybrid network architecture for on-prem and multi-VPCs (Transit Gateway, DirectConnect, VPN)
- Rehosting and Re-platforming (EC2, ECS, RDS)
- Monitoring plans to include availability, cost, and security (CloudWatch, CloudTrail)
Additionally, we intentionally engaged through our sustainability framework. Our approach and how we operate was intended to ensure our client could continue their cloud journey post-engagement, creating a long-term success story. This included onsite collaboration, team protocols hosting AWS Immersion Days, and daily dialog on deliverable evolution with frequent expectations validation and adjustment to ensure realization of our shared purpose.
Impact & Results
As a result of our sustainability framework and sincere partnership, our client is fully prepared for migration and is positioned to move their workloads with established connectivity, explicit plans and the necessary skills. As we progressed through our partnership, we kept them engaged through our deliverable builds, both educating them on the opportunities, but also ensuring that our deliverables established their readiness for migration.
“IMPACT MAKERS FOLLOWS AN APPROACH THAT NOT ONLY SUPPORTS THE CLOUD STRATEGY, PLANNING, AND SOLUTION ARCHITECTURE WORK, BUT ALSO INTEGRATES MY TEAM INTO ALL PHASES OF THE EFFORT FOR TRAINING AND LEARNING PURPOSES. WE SEE THIS AS A DIFFERENTIATOR WHEN COMPARED TO OTHER CLOUD SOLUTION PROVIDERS.”
DIANE SCHNUPP – CIO, KINSALE INSURANCE