“We’ve been the go-to consulting partner in Virginia for over a decade because of our proven track record and our common dedication to serve those in need. We give 100% of our net profits to the community – Partnering in the public sector fuels each other’s engines, enabling both of us to support the community even better.”
– Scott Hammer
“Undoubtedly, Impact Makers is one of the absolute finest organizations that I have had the pleasure to work with. They meet all project deliverables on schedule and within budget. Impact Makers is flexible and they remind me all of the time that their goal is to over-deliver – and on each initiative I can say – they have met that objective.”
WHAT ARE THE BARRIERS TO SUCCESS?
No one else has more responsibility on their shoulders than public servants. As seasoned consultants and former public servants ourselves, we know from first-hand experience.
Whatever the level of resources, the job must get done. Cutting corners might result in compromises to public safety. Layer on ever-changing requirements, policies, and procedures, and it’s no surprise many feel like they’re playing catch-up. There is no more important work and it isn’t for the faint of heart.
What does success look like?
- Move critical projects forward to the finish line on the first try
- Adapt smoothly to changing policies & procedures
- Build strong foundational culture of IT Security
- Harness data across the government enterprise
- Manage big change from top-to-bottom – and make it stick
- Provide the right support to citizens in need so they can be successful
How We Can Help
Our team of former high-ranking public sector members, veteran consultants, and thought leaders has proven time and time again – we are a natural and dedicated partner for the public sector. We are eager to jump in and deliver:
- Program & Project Management
- Enterprise Data Strategy
- Data Warehouse & big data – architect & build
- Risk Management
- IT & Cyber Security & Compliance
- IT Transformation (system modernization, process)
- DevOps Consulting
- IT Portfolio Optimization and Management
- Talent Management
- Organizational Design
- Cloud Infrastructure
- Cloud Solutions Consulting
- Test Data Management
- Holistic Customer Experience Design
- Strategy Solution Development
- Acquisition Management
- Program Executive Assurance
- We helped provide the DMV a true culture of security with an IT Security transformation.
- Our web-based system streamlined business processes and improved customer interactions for a state housing and community development agency.
- We brought Electronic Health Records to a state behavioral health and disability services agency.
- We facilitated the adoption of state-wide information security compliance for a state’s central IT authority.
- A state department of social services needed to maintain access to their federal exchange – we enabled them to do it.
- Our website redesign and content management solution brought order for a state health department.
Project Awards for our Clients
- 2016 COVITS Governor’s Technology Award: Dept. of Behavioral Health & Developmental Services
- 2014 NASCIO State IT Recognition Award: Virginia Dept. of Transportation
- 2014 COVITS Governor’s Technology Award: Virginia Dept. of Transportation
- 2012 COVITS Governor’s Technology Award: Dept. of Housing and Community Development
- 2012 RVA Tech Technology Innovation Developer Award: Dept. of Housing and Community Development
- Virginia Computer Aid Tier-1 Vendor: Staff Augmentation & Project-Based Support
- Virginia Values Veterans V3 Certified
- North Carolina Computer Aid Staff Augmentation
- North Carolina Security Assessment Contract 918A – Read more
- Don’t see a contract here? We have partners with federal and state contracts throughout the mid-atlantic region.
- HIPAA Privacy, Security and Omnibus Rules
- HITRUST Self-Assessment Guidance
- Commonwealth of Virginia IT Security Policy (SEC519)
- Commonwealth of Virginia IT Security Standards (SEC501)
- Commonwealth of Virginia IT Audit Standard (SEC502)
- Commonwealth of Virginia Hosted Environment Security Standards (SEC525)
- National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Computer Security (800-53)
- Industry Specific “Best Practices”
- Reports and Metrics Guidance
- Compliance Assurance
Public Sector: Our Thinking
Virginia’s Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) has long been recognized as an authoritative source for identification in Virginia. Security is core to the DMV’s mission. Recognizing its unique role in protecting sensitive data for the...
Impact Makers built and executed a large transformational program for the 3rd largest wholesale foods distributor in the U.S.. With over $12 billion in annual revenue, they needed to re-evaluate and restructure their overall business...
When the CARES Act passed on March 27, 2020, an impressive $2 trillion became steadily available as federal relief and stimulus trickled out to the American people. Rampant discussion has followed the publication of these 800+ pages in...
We have been discussing System and Organization Controls (SOC) reports and how they can be a used to establish and maintain trust between service providers and their customers. In our first blog, we covered a basic understanding of...
As noted in our earlier blog, System and Organization Controls (SOC) can be helpful tool in establishing and maintaining trust between service providers and their customers. Yet there are still a lot of questions around SOC reporting:...
The rise in cloud-based technology and third-party solutions increases both the complexity and uncertainty of security and compliance responsibilities. Service providers and their customers need to understand how responsibilities are...
Spotlight on Women of Impact Makers: Kim Moore, Senior Consultant – State and Local Government SolutionsCompany, Public Sector, Recruiting
Here at Impact Makers, we like to shine a light on the incredible people we are lucky enough to call coworkers and friends. Today, we explore the life and career of an incredible woman who has recently been serving as a leader on a...
Impact Makers recently hosted Capital Kanban's "The Art of Agile: The Art of War Interpreted with an Agile Lens" with a fantastic turnout. Speaker Megan Windle, a Certified Agile Coach and Certified Scrum Master (CSM), compared the...
Many organizations know they must have the basics: hire a CISO, perform a risk assessment, and find security vendors to fill up the holes. Unfortunately, these are often mere boxes to check. Impact Makers' former CISO Cathie Brown...
While most organizations have made some investments in each of the three building blocks of cybersecurity, many overemphasize "technology." The most overlooked component are the "people," which will actually make or break the...